You may be contacted on occasion by an independent auditor who is authorised by the Road Safety Authority to undertake customer service research.
1. Treat our customers with courtesy and respect at all times and show patience and understanding in dealing with your queries or complaints.
2. Achieve a customer satisfaction rating of a least 90%.
3. Accept bookings made by post, telephone, facsimile, email or in person. We will deal with your telephone calls promptly and courteously. 90% of calls to our LoCall bookings and customer helpline numbers will be answered within 15 seconds.
4. Ensure that the average lead time for an appointment at an individual test centre is less than three weeks and no greater than four weeks. The customer will be provided with a test free of charge where an appointment cannot be offered within a four week period provided that:
The test is not overdue by more than 7 days at the time of contacting NCTS
An appointment has not been offered at least 1 week prior to the test due date
The customer has not made specific requests regarding suitable days, times or dates
The customer has not declined or rearranged two or more appointments
The customer has not failed to attend an appointment
The customer has not previously accepted or requested an appointment outside of the four week period
The points noted above only apply when an appointment has not been offered within four weeks. There is no guarantee of a test appointment at short notice for cars overdue the test.
5. Offer a free re-test for failures which do not require the use of test lane within one working day of the first test, and achieve an average lead-time of one week and a maximum lead-time of two weeks for all re-tests.